Sunday 23 May 2010

Tour of Blencathra...redux

Was an agony of indecision this morning....Luke was hors d'combat after an epic trip to London (they arrived back with one less car than they went with..and they only had one to start with!!!!) and his knees were swollen; so he elected to rest it. On the plus side - he has got his holiday confirmed for August...

So, what to do on another glorious day in the Lakes....I borrowed Phil's bike today as Marvin is still waiting to get fixed and drove to the head of Mosedale to do the Tour of Blencathra.....
Not much to say - the picture above shows the descent from Skiddaw House to the main path round Blencathra....it was bone dry and I rode better than I have ever ridden before so was pretty chuffed....

Round in 1hr 40 mins was good so it was time for the cool down...the reason I had parked at Mosedale was the plunge pool I could leap in...despite it being a hot day it was FREEZING...mind you - did me a lot of good. I left my legs in for about 10 mins which should be ok...came up and did some work on the finger board and feel quite strong; but very tired - two days out in the heat have been good..

Right - lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment