Saturday 22 May 2010

Newlands Horseshoe...extended..

will try and post the pictures later; for some reason there is an issue with finding the photo's on i-photo...

Anyway; had a little quandry last night as to what to do; given a perfect weather forecast and settled conditions...going out on one of the bikes was possible but with the 50mile event coming up in a couple of months I elected to do the Newlands Horseshoe; but adding in Catbells and Hindscarth before descending over Robinson.

It was a bit of a faff finding the carpark at Littletown; but once parked I was walking fast and felt strong. The detour to Catbells was done in blazing heat and I was walking in shorts only on the climb up to Maiden Moor and then onto High Spy...

Climbing up to Dalehead was like being in an oven, an enclosed area and no wind meant a very sweaty climb up to the trig point; which I was starting to feel when I got the top. A bit of an early lunch on top and a 20min sit down helped and I felt ok with the ascent of Hindscarth (not much in reality) and then I dropped down to the col between it and Robinson. This last ascent was a bit of a grind but I got there in the end before the descent down the Newlands Church; via a little known farm that does tea and cakes - a huge pot and big slice of cake for £1.50 - yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment