Sunday 9 May 2010

Faith in friction...

Vital ingredient in bouldering at Carrock Fell which is where I have just come back from......this is the descent from the Sugar Loaf boulder in the North part of the bouldering area....

The first sector we visited was new to me and confirmed what I already knew..that much as though I enjoy bouldering I do in fact suck at it...only one V1 managed and a grand failure on other things.
So, Luke and I adjourned to an area that we knew better and things started to get better - I repeated a V3 that I had done last year and actually climbed pretty well. The smearing needed was good and I felt pretty well in control. I failed totally on a V1 that I think benefits shorter people - at least that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it (it is MY blog after all!!!!) - but pulled a V2 out of the bag; just. Note to self; need more stamina; power; finger strength.......

Video's will be posted shortly; including one of a very impressive slip down the rock by Luke....the downside of good friction....VERY rough rock...ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment