Friday 14 May 2010

Evening climbing....Little Chamonix..

god it was nippy on Thurs; with the wind whistling down Borrowdale making belaying on the first pitch of Little Chamonix quite an experience. Little Cham (as its known) is a classic VDiff on Shepherds Crag - a route I have done several times before but very suitable for an evening climb after work. The fact it dries fast after the showers on Wed was also to its benefit...

Luke took the slabby first pitch which is quite polished and tricky to protect; whilst I took the main, very steep, on top pitch which for a roadside VDiff is pretty out-there. Got to say that I was quite pleased with how I climbed it - finding an easier sequence on the one move I find arkward, and one of the few moves I have done where being tall is a hindrance; followed by a series of committing moves up the headwall - all felt in control.

No climbing tomorrow (Sat) due to Luke going to a birthday party - thinking of going out of the bike tomorrow as the rain starts to fall again in Penrith - forecast for tomorrow is good though....

No comments:

Post a Comment