Monday 3 August 2009

This was one of the views yesterday in the Lakes. Gill and I (the boys decided not to come in the end!!) climbed Grizedale Pike having ascended via Coledale Hause. This was a different means of ascent than I had done before and was very enjoyable. A nice 4 hour round with views over most of the Lakes.

Saturday was a bit different as I attempted a run of around 7 miles or so - including a couple of trips up the hill that links Temple Sowerby to Culgaith. The knee did start to hurt a bit at the end - and ached a bit yesterday as well. I have been, to be honest, a bit lax on my excercises recently and this was a bit of a wake up call - need to get back to them.

Friday was less good in that I felt really tired after the double session on thurs and made it about 1/2 way up Cross Fell before a 3 min 30 descent nearly involving me going into the air again! Managed to hold it this time and have some great footage which will probably make its way onto Vimeo at some stage too. However the lack of fitness is really concerning with the Morocco trip looming and the rib is still causing me concern. I seem to be able to do most things on it (although I can't rock-climb) yet it is still painful first thing and I am probably taking it a bit easier than I would like trying to subconciously protect it. It also hinders Yoga which is not good either....

No comments:

Post a Comment