Tuesday 11 August 2009

The rewards for determination...


"Character", Coach Ilg once wrote, "is what you are when no-one is around". This was a mantra I repeated to me as I slogged up the final climb of High Pike towards the summit (in the photo). I made sure that I ran every step - although I suspect some of the very steep sections after the quarry track it was probably faster to walk! 26 mins of torture from the gate over the Fellside car-park to the summit. I was REALLY pleased to have run all the way and was VERY pleased indeed when I finished the run and discovered I had taken 1hr 27minutes - totally destroying my personal best.

On a serious note, it does seem that I was fitter than I thought although it must be said that this was the first time I had done the circuit in summer conditions (although it's probably best in deep winter when frozen solid!!!)

With luck I may get the leak in the roof fixed tomorrow as well; the downside is that it will stop me from swimming in the morning - will have to go thurs to decide whether I can do the Tri or not....

No comments:

Post a Comment