Monday 17 August 2009

Bottle cage failure..

As the weather has now turned gorgeous I decided to go back to Gill's to hang the washing out...so I hopped on Arjuna and cycled there. The outward leg via Langwathby (and an extra 1 mile by going via Edenhall) was fast, over 20mph which is good for me. Coming back I went up the big hill to Cliburn for the first time and found it surprisingly easy; could still do with getting a compact fitted to the bike though if I want to try the big hills of the Alps.

Anyhow, was coming back along the road from Cliburn to the A6, focusing on breathing well as I was going into a stiff headwind and suddenly looked down to see my drink bottle make a bid for freedom! It seems that both the bottle cages have given up the ghost, they must have got damaged somehow in the car...Luckily they are quite cheap really so off to get some more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment