Wednesday 5 August 2009

Preparing for a triathlon..

it does probably help to read the website some time; which is when you discover that the swim is not 750m as I thought but actually 1500m - oh dear. I am going to have to get some serious swim training in - starting with the open water session this weekend with Stuart and the Tri club.

My serious goal for this race will be to avoid coming last -I am going quite well on the bike and hopefully that will be enough to be overhaul some people and hang on during the run. The other goal is not to damage myself too much with the run - even 25mins on the treadmill at the gym caused an aching in the ribs; although I was able to keep a good speed without much trouble which is good.

Am going to recce the 40km cycle route for the Tri in a minute. I am not going to use Tri bars although will probably my fancy deep set front wheel for this one (in the race itself at least..).

Am a little sick of having these little constant niggles really - would be nice to go to Morocco injury free.

Have made a video of a descent off Cross Fell - can be found here: http://www.vimeo.com/5937401


No comments:

Post a Comment