Wednesday 8 August 2012

Relaxing in North Devon...

Suilvan here, thought I would blog about my first road trip with the new owners. It was down to Devon and we actually had some glorious weather. 

First off for me was a few days in the doctors getting a couple of things attended to, my alternator was tuned for example so I could make sure that things worked when I was away from home. After that, I was loaded up with SO much kit it was untrue (it would have been easier if I had to take what was left in the house!!) and the Simon human and I set off for Devon.

It was a long drive, the first day of the school holidays (whatever they may be) and Devon is a long way. There were frequent stops for the human to refuel and quite a lot of cursing on the way down as we hit lots of other traffic. There were a few other nice older vans to say hi to - and some caravans to swear at -  don't know why the master told me to swear at all the caravans (or 'grockle pods' as he calls them) but there we go.

To cut a long drive short, we eventually arrived in Exeter and I was parked up for the night. Next day, the humans my owners were staying with wanted to have a look at me - they had never seen such a lovely van. My top compartment even got tried out by a little human (Claire's nephew!!) and it was nice to be the centre of attention. Soon enough we were heading off on some rather narrow lanes towards the place we were going to stay. The Simon human was driving and he tried his best; however  I don't think he has too much experience of driving a van, so I did struggle up a few hills. However, we got there in the end and I must admit the humans had chosen a nice spot. It was a lovely campsite and had POWER - so I could plug in and relax and enjoy the scenery. I also got to laugh at my humans as they tried to work out how to make things work. All humans struggle with this to some extent but these two are worse than most. Once that was done, we could settle in and enjoy the lovely views of the sea and the local area - some pictures they took are below.



Finally got here....wish they knew how to drive me.


Lovely church behind the campsite
Screda Point..main slab in the middle.
 The humans went off for a walk around the sea (one clutching his climbing guide) and they had supper at a pub on the sea front). Personally I prefer diesel; however the humans assured me that the beer was excellent at the pub. They also said that the climbing looked excellent as well. This was good as some more humans with a lovely van were coming in a couple of days to stay with them - company at last!!
The day ended with a lovely sunset....boded well for the week said the humans.

Sunset on the first night.

No comments:

Post a Comment