Monday 20 August 2012

Being unwell in Devon..

me unfortunately not Suilvan - not that I wish he was unwell either!

I woke up on Tuesday morning feeling decidely off colour, as if I was going to vomit (something I hardly ever do) and was totally unable to do any climbing with Matt, Liz's partner and a very good climber. This was a bit of a bummer for all concerned - especially poor Matt who had been tempted up to North Devon with the promise of climbing! He did manage to work a route - which he eventually decided not to do on the Wed with too much grease in the air - and I was able to stagger very slowly and gingerly down to Screda Point to do some belaying for a couple of hours.

I'm still not totally sure what caused me to feel so crap - I didn't eat properly for about a week afterwards; certainly not over the following weekend when Claire was at a course in London and I stayed in the Wye Valley (including a look around Tintern Abbey - very impressive) or when we went to visit some of Claire's family in Cardiff.

I did get some routes in on the Screda Point slabs on the wed - top-roping a HVS and an E1, quite encouraged actually although not sure I would want to lead the E1 yet!! Liz and Matt departed on Wed afternoon - Claire and I stayed another day on the Thurs; more marvellous weather and then headed off on the Fri - Devon was a fantastic place; we'll (hopefully) be back soon(ish!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment