Friday 15 April 2011

Trail running...

the weather yesterday was not so great; with the cloud being down on the top of the hills and it being a little overcast.

Given all that; I decided to do a trail run that I know - starting from Pooley Bridge; climbing to the Cockpit (the edge of High Street) and then a lovely 2 3/4 mile descent to Howtown; from there it is back 4 miles on the road to Pooley Bridge - total distance of about 7 1/2 miles or so.

I was surprised that I was able to jog all the way, including the initial 1/2 mile uphill section - and also that I got round in 1 1/2 hours - it does show the value of pacing....something I have discussed in an earlier blog on the Latrigg circuit - and something I was notoriously bad at until recently.

Still unsure re Sunday; as to whether or not to compete in the duathlon...will decide nearer the time...Claire and I are going to try to get into the RAB mountain marathon in late Sept, held somewhere in northern england; lets hope for the best as they have a nice walkers category, which is what we are going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment