Monday 25 April 2011

Bouldering...

just had a nice hour playing on Carrock Fell - an hour is about all your skin can manage before it gets ripped to shreds by the rough rock!!

Went and explored the South and South Central areas today; parts of the mountain I had not been on before; largely because they have some pretty hard problems. They also have some more sensible ones; a couple of which I did and a couple more I looked at.

One of these; which is at my absolute limit at V3, seems to involve a ridiculously powerful first move and the rest is pretty easy - it's simply a case of 'are you strong enough'?, to which I must answer no - however it is something to work on.

The other one is a bit more interesting....shame it was the last problem I worked as it seems as if I could do it reasonably soon. Body-tension and how much one can use the right foot seem to be the key to it...something to work on. The holds are so sharp though...only two goes before too much skin was gone.

So; its back to work tomorrow for 3 days....however with Claire working the 4-midnight shift I'll be looking to do something after work most days....hopefully the weather will play ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment