Saturday 17 August 2013

One summer - mystery illness

Got this bug about 6 weeks away, from the Head of Dept at the school I was working at at the time....still not entirely sure what it is, however it has left me in periodic coughing fits at times that make  running and cycling very difficult.

I certainly improved during my time away on Lundy and in Devon, probably relaxing and the sea air. When we got back, I was able to go for a run with Claire with no problem and thought all was well.....unfortunately it wasn't. I managed a gentle run in heavy rain last week which is good - and I've certainly got better than I was before we left for Devon, however I'm still not right.

Cycling is especially a challenge as I cough so much I nearly fall off - clearly not great. On the plus side, walking seems ok (although we'll see more next week) and climbing is also good - we've just come back from a wall session and I can feel things starting to click a bit now which is good - although I could really do with some endurance and power....

No comments:

Post a Comment