Sunday 1 May 2011

Tour of Blencathra...

https://picasaweb.google.com/102361192587557786751/TourOfBlencathraMtbRide#  has the pictures from today's ride - another amazing day in Cumbria. I am beginning to have nice memories of 1995 and the endless summer that began with a drastic improvement in conditions over easter and then didn't rain for 3 months...hopefully I have not jinxed it...

so; was hoping to go climbing today, however Luke has reacted badly to excercise!! at least more than going up the stairs to get a cup of tea! so he cried off. I elected to take Marvin out for another spin to assess what state he is in; and to make the most of the lovely weather.

The actual ride was a little worrying...I still feel weak on the steep climbs such as the one to the Blencathra centre - its like there is a slow puncture in my energy tank and when I go to it there is not much there. That being said; I got a bit further on the technical ascent up to Skiddaw House which is good; and rode quite well on the journey back. The journey back was into the teeth of quite a strong wind which made the journey quite testing. Even hitting the road section back from Mosedale was not as  fast as usual as I was riding right into the teeth of the wind. By the time I got back to the car I was feeling it more than usual...not good at all.

I am slightly worried as to where all my energy and strength has gone. I feel quite good yet there is not much there when push come to shove...

No comments:

Post a Comment