Monday 21 June 2010

Saturday - The first ring of Shap...

was a walk I did last weekend - an organised LDWA suggested by Mum. It is part of a 100km round that they do; which involves doing all 3 of the rings. The 'ring' that I was attempting began at Shap and headed up Branstree via Wet Sleddale and Mosedale cottage before dropping to Swindale; Truss Gap and a slightly circuitous route back to Shap....

I did the walk primarily to try and get some mileage under the belt as I gear up for the 50 mile challenge at the end of July....

I got round in 4hr 35 min with a slight navigational mishap (due to carelessness on my part) with a mix of jogging and walking....I did start to flag a bit at the end but I felt ok in general....was quite stiff at the end so adjourned to Claire's for some tlc - and a gentle spin on the bike yesterday.

Weather is set fair - hoping to get out climbing tomorrow with Luke whose knee seems to be getting slightly better day by day....

No comments:

Post a Comment