Sunday 25 April 2010

Sorry about the delay...

in posting; things have not been great recently...however yesterday...

Luke (with a hangover) and I went up to Pavey Ark in Langdale. The walk up to Stickle Tarn was a bit of an eye opener for Luke being his first experience of a mountain(ish) crag and with full gear to boot.....

Anyway, he survived and after some vacillation on my part it was decided to attempt Crescent Slabs (Severe) a climb that I have done twice before in my previous climbing life....Not though that actually mattered as the lower section of the first pitch was wet - a bit mad since it hasn't rained for a week but Pavey does take seepage; and the ensuing moves were probably a bit harder than Severe. At least I hope that is the case as my performance on the first couple of pitches was not great...mind you it did get better on the last two which I also led - Luke still feeling a bit under the weather! After waltzing past the alleged crux I then came up against a move over an overlap which I had vague recollection of doing when doing this route before, and yet is not mentioned in the guide....

Anyway; to cut a longish story short it was the correct way; and the long run-out to the top with no gear (although very easy climbing) was enjoyable and a sign that I seem to be climbing ok....now to look at something a bit trickier as we build up to the Dols trip in August.....

will post pictures on Picassa and link it later

No comments:

Post a Comment