Sunday 10 January 2010

Back on the ski's...

for the first time in a couple of years. The only skiing I have actually done is indoors (on real snow) in Castleford, so, after having got the ski's adjusted in Keswick I decided to head along to Acorn Banks for a couple of hours. Despite the bindings being a little 'iffy' (given I am using plastic mountaineering boots NOT ski mountaineering boots) it was actually a LOT of fun, not to mention hard work.

I was able to ski along the road the snow was in such good condition - although we have had a thaw all day today :-( and then play around at Acorn Banks, which has a slight hill. Now I can't really claim that it is like skiing at Kitzbuhl however it was a lot of fun and it was good to try and get the technique back...

I REALLY could do with some more very bad weather and school being closed so I can go out and practice - not to mention heading to the shop in Carlisle which seems to have ski mountaineering boots in its sale!!

Today was a couple of hours in the same area with Gill; this time on snow shoes - another decent workout!!

No comments:

Post a Comment