Saturday 30 June 2012

Suilvan...

no it's not a misprint....Claire and I have brought a campervan; after a brainwave of Claire last weekend when were having lunch at Rheged. The van is lovely and cosy and has a surprising amount of space, a fridge and gas and electric hook-ups.

 We found the van from an advert on a second hand website and went to see it on Monday. I then test drove it Thurs and we put an offer in which was accepted and we got the van on Friday.
The van is a conversion but was done professionally and clearly with some eye for detail and common sense.

We have sussed out a fair bit about it already and will be taking it for its first test run next weekend to Scotland. Not entirely sure what we'll get done give our fitness levels - I have been so focused on preparing for my final assessment that I have barely seen the sun in weeks and the weather  - but we'll
 see.

Re the weather - Thurs was horrendous with 3-4" of water in the cellar - which then receded pretty rapidly when it stopped. Tomorrow has a reasonable forecast - need to drag my carcass on the hill somewhere and somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment