Sunday 25 December 2011

No snow at all.

or at least it seemed that way from the top of Beacon Edge this morning. I ran up (jogged slowly would probably be a better description!!) up to Beacon Edge and then picked my way carefully upto the Beacon itself. My excuse for not running all the way up was the extreme slippiness, which happens to be true btw!

It was misty over the Lakes - although none of the promised gales were around; but from what glimpses I could see it would appear that all the snow has gone. Not surprising given how warm it has been here  - but oh so disappointing.

With luck Claire and I will get some snow in Scotland (and at least we are likely to be spared the great trudges through calf-deep snow we had last year)...but I am not holding my breath.

Happy christmas all and enjoy the rest of the festive season.

No comments:

Post a Comment