Saturday 17 July 2010

The benefits of reconisance....

as discovered today in the pouring rain as I walked (and overtook some riding mountain bikers!!!) up a very steep path on the far side of Brathay park in Ambleside which my pretty sodden route description assured me would take me to Elterwater......lo and behold a slate signpost loomed out of the mist a al Barry Pilton on Kinder Scout to assure that I was not in fact lost - although I would have sworn blind that the path was not going in the right direction....

today's 8 1/2 mile run will be the last before the 50 - I am going to do some more checking out of the route but that will involve walking not climbing...I want to check the (what looks very steep) ascent out of Howtown onto the High Street ridge tomorrow (am not going to go down to Mardale due to time constraints and if the forecast is right I won't be able to see anything anyway)...it has actually stopped raining and is a lovely evening in Penrith...forecast is dire for the next 3 days so we shall see what we get...its softening up the ground as well which is not so good.....

No comments:

Post a Comment