Monday 8 March 2010

Haweswater Half marathon.

not a great day...

on a day of gorgeous weather it was a disappointing run..I felt very strong for the first few miles and managed to keep a sensible pace as well; aiming to be slightly slower than last year to take into account the lack of running that I had done.

My right knee, which had felt fine during the last two training runs then decided to really seize up, especially on the long (mile or so) downhill to Mardale Head where we turned round...reducing me to a near walk on the uphill section.

This put even more strain on the left knee which then seized up as well....leaving me to hitch a lift back for the last 3 1/2 miles from a helpful van.....and being nearly unable to walk down the stairs at Gill's last night...mildly amusing to Linda and Richard who popped in on the way down to their house on the way back from Aberdeen.

Knee felt pretty grotty this morning but has improved a bit as the day has gone on....also have an appointment with Karen the physio during the first week of the Easter holidays...should still give me time to get up to Scotland for a couple of days skiing....

No comments:

Post a Comment