Monday 22 February 2010

Place Fell and refelections on a bad weekend.....



Looking up Place Fell from the lunch stop at the ruined sheepfold...

As can be seen from the pictures winter has returned with a vengenance to all of the Lakes peaks with a day long snowfall...and I have permission to go out and do a mad day with Luke on Saturday before walking with Gill on sunday.

The new snow made conditions very difficult indeed, with new snow over semi-frozen rocks..a combination probably worse than Luke and I experienced on Sharp Edge earlier in the week. However a day of sunshine today followed by what looks like it will be a cold evening is boding well for this weekend. The actual walk was quite trying and not as much fun as it could have been..

The only good news of the weekend was a run on Saturday which although only being 4 miles or so saw no reaction from my knee which is good...given the Haweswater Half is nearly upon us...will try and get another run in this week.

And so to late Friday evening when I discovered that the University of Cumbria had rejected my application to do the PGCE course with them next year. This has left me totally gutted as well as looking at a wide range of 'plan B' options none of which really appeal at the moment. The reasons they gave on the feedback form are so vague that neither Gill, myself or the Head of History at UCC actually know what they mean...if I get a chance tomorrow I will e-mail them and try and get some more feedback - have been too busy today.









No comments:

Post a Comment